Platforma LT (light) is a lot like the original Platforma (our iPad messenger bag), but the design of the flap is different. LT's front flap is made of a high-density nylon with a leather panel, and not entirely of leather. Otherwise Platforma and Platforma LT are virtually the same. We have a very limited number of Platformas LT available. If you were looking for our hands-free iPad carrying case Across, you may find it here.
- Carry virtually any tablet, and small notebooks, including MacBook Air 11".
- Magnetic interface cover works with iPad 2, 3, 4. We have a limited number of snap-on covers for iPad Mini, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and Galaxy Tab 10.1. See also a note below.
- High-end look and feel, premium quality.
- Genuine full grain leather gusset(sides), piping and details. Super strong and light high density nylon shell.
- Bright red soft nylon lining.
- Water resistant.
- 12" x 9" x 2.75" approximately. This form-factor was very carefully selected. Read the FAQ section.
- Two diagonal quick access flap pockets with waterproof zippers.
- Two front wall pockets with waterproof zippers.
- One inside open pocket for a tablet or a notebook.
- One magazine pocket on the back wall.
- High quality metal polished and plated custom hardware.
- Reliable magnetic flap closure, that actually works - just drop the flap and it will snap closed - no fiddling with buckles.
- Seat belt 1 1/2" strap with a special custom buckle.
- One-hand-one-motion strap adjustment.
- The messenger converts into a sling-type backpack in two seconds. Backpack mode is perfect for riding a motorcycle or a bicycle or running to catch that flight, when you do not want the bag to swing around.
- It only takes a couple of seconds to turn the bag into a mobile desktop.
- iPad attaches to the back wall of the bag via a polycarbonate snap-on cover(case) with four magnets. The snap-on case is compatible with the Apple Smart Cover.
- The snap-on case also lets you attach your iPad to a fridge door - as an added benefit.
- Patent pending.
A note about other tablets:
Please contact us. The interface plastic cover will need to be changed. We may be able to help you. We are a small company. We really care.
A note about the magnets:
We have done extensive testing, both with WiFi and with the 3G and found nothing alarming. We could not detect any problems in operation... Speed, reception, etc. were intact. The only drawback is the compass interference - and understandably so. GPS, 3G, WiFi, and everything else worked fine. Our credit cards were also perfectly fine after using the bags for many months. We continue to use the bags every single day.
However, if you are wearing a pacemaker, or another device sensitive to magnetic fields, please do not use the bag.