Across case for iPad Air 1-2 with shoulder strap
lets you use your iPad anywhere. Smartly folds several ways for reading, watching movies and for work - see the pics. Leather version of the case is made in Florence, Italy
. We have models for both original iPad Air and iPad Air 2. To see all iPad hands-free cases/holders we carry
, go to iPad Cases menu item.
Across for iPad Air is a hands-free carrying case, holder, backpack and stand.
- GL (genuine leather) models are made in Italy.
- Protects your iPad from a fall.
- Allows to work standing up with both hands free to type, both in a landscape and in portrait modes.
- Understated, slim, simple, elegant design.
- Premium quality.
- Tight custom fit.
- All ports fully accessible.
- Protects camera lens when not in use.
- Genuine Italian leather or synthetic.
- High quality polished and plated metal hardware.
- Hi-tech microfiber suede lining protects the screen.
- Reliable hook and loop closure.
- Seat-belt material of the shoulder strap is light and strong.
- Special sliding buckle for a step-less one-hand-one-motion strap adjustment.
- The strap length is roughly 60" clip to clip. The strap fits most body types, as it is adjustable on both ends.
- Wear it as a messenger bag, a shoulder bag or as a backpack. Or simply use it as a portfolio.
- Takes 2 seconds to change from a cross-body carry mode to backpack to hands-free mode.
- Smartly folds to give you an incline when working at a desk. You have two options here.
- Works as a stand for watching movies.
- Accepts many credit card readers, like Square, to turn your iPad into a mobile POS (Point of sale).
I have iPad Air 2 and thinking of upgrading to 9.7" Pro. Will my case fit both?
Will my Microsoft Surface fit in this case?
9.7" case will fit the Air 2, with a minor exception - read below. However, Across for Air 2 will cover flash and the top speakers of the Pro 9.7 tablet.
iPads Air 2 and Pro 9.7" have identical dimensions. So the 9.7" case fits the Air 2. However, there are extra openings for speakers that 9.7 has but Air 2 does not. Also, the openings for the bottom speakers are shifted a bit, but it does not seem to affect the sound much if at all. The rest fits fine, including the camera, volume controls, headphone jack and the on/off switch. Bottom line: Across case for 9.7 Pro + iPad Air 2 = Practically OK. Across case for Air 2 + iPad Pro 9.7" = NO GO.
No, it will not. The case is custom designed to fit only the specific iPad model. We are working on the case for the Surface, make sure you add yourself to the mailing list - scroll to the bottom of any page.
Can I charge my iPad without taking it out of Across? Yes. All ports are accessible and align perfectly. Across fits your iPad like a fine leather glove.
What kind of leather do you use? 100%, high quality Italian leather. It is specially treated for water resistance and to eliminate the dye bleeding (it will not rub off).
I have an Otterbox, Incase, Lifeproof, etc. case. Can I put my iPad in that case into Across? No, it will not fit. The iPad has to go in naked.
Can I take photos without taking out the iPad out of the case? Yes, absolutely. You can fold the case in a way that the camera lens is exposed with the flap neatly held in place by Velcro.
Does the case have the auto on-off magnetic feature? No. we dropped this since iPad Air. It was too problematic for this type of a case.
How do I correctly adjust the length of the strap? First, you slide the cam plastic buckle with a little tongue all the way down (to lengthen the strap to the max). Then adjust the other end of the strap so that your iPad is somewhere at the belly button level when worn as a "mobile desk" for hands-free use. This will also position your iPad correctly on your back when worn as a backpack. You may want to tuck in the free end of the strap into the loop. This end of the strap is meant to be set only once. Then you only use the "quick-adjust" sliding buckle to change the length.